General Information and Useful Tips
General Terms & Conditions
Accommodation in Sardinia
Accommodation by Region
More Holiday Destinations
We are a member of...
The German Association of Small Travel Agencies and Tour Operators
General Terms and Conditions
1. Sardinia Sardinien is a private venture belonging to the company: Elisa Santoni Internet-Travel, referred to from here on as agent/agency.
2. The agency arranges and negotiates selected holiday accommodation and acts on behalf of local property owners as an agent between the owner, referred to from here on as lessor, and the hirer in a reservation and contract arrangement.
3. The seasonal prices apply as published on the official website (www.sardinien-sardinia.com). The accommodation is arranged for the hirer at these specified prices and without further or additional commission charges.
4. Once the booking confirmation from the customer, here on referred to as the hirer, has been received the booking becomes secured and binding and a rental contract agreement is then drawn up between the hirer and the lessor by the agency on behalf of the lessor.
5. The total number of persons staying at the property may not exceed the number of persons specified in the rental agreement, children included. Additional persons may be refused or charged extra by the lessor.
6. The hirer and occupants are responsible for the care and maintenance of the property during their stay and will be liable to reimburse the lessor for the full cost of any damage caused to the property or to any of the furniture, implements or other materials contained in it.
7. The hirer and occupants are also to be aware of and follow any house rules.
8. Pets are only allowed on the property if agreed and stated in writing in the rental contract agreement.
1. Noncommittal enquiries regarding availability can be made either in writing, by phone or by sending a fax or email. Once Sardinia Sardinien has received the confirmed reservation request (booking confirmation agreement) from the hirer with the specific details and dates (per fax/email/post), this then becomes a binding agreement between the hirer and the lessor and the reservation becomes secured.
2. A rental contract agreement is provided by the agency on behalf of the lessor once the booking confirmation from the hirer has been received.
3. The hirer completes and signs the rental contract, in agreement with the general terms and conditions, and returns it to Sardinia Sardinien by fax/post, together with a copy of the bank transaction form for the full confirmatory payment amount transferred to the agency. In the case of a last minute booking received 2 weeks or less prior to departure, the agreement and documentation are also to be sent by post to the agency.
4. Once the signed rental contract agreement and confirmatory payment have been received by the agency the hirer will then receive confirmation of his booking along with a signed copy of the rental agreement together with contact and location details and directions for the property (per fax / email / post).
5. Should the full confirmatory payment not have been received by the agency within the deadline (within 8 days from the date shown on page 1 of the rental agreement), Sardinia Sardinien is authorized by the lessor to cancel the reservation after a single reminder fails to elicit a response.
6. Cancellation charges will then be applicable. The agency has the authority from the lessor to collect.
1. The agreed confirmatory payment is due on completion of the rental contract agreement, having returned the contract to the agency.
2. The total confirmatory payment amount is detailed on the first page of the rental agreement.
3. The bank account details are shown in § 5 of the general terms and conditions.
4. Details for the balance payment are stated in the rental contract agreement. The payment is due either locally and made directly to the lessor or per bank transaction.
5. Additional services or facilities (e.g: extra bed, heating etc.) can be arranged by the agency. If arranged on site during the rental period the fees are to be paid by the hirer directly to the lessor.
6. The agency is authorised on behalf of the lessor to collect payments.
1. All additional services requested and booked at the time of reservation will be included in the total price.
2. Any additional expenses incurred or services arranged by the hirer on site during his stay (i.e. telephone, heating, utilities and personal services -maids/cooks) are to be paid by the hirer directly to the lessor locally in cash and before returning the keys.
All payments are to be transferred to the following bank account:
Account Name: ..........
Branch code: ..........
Account nr. ..........
Payments can be made through the bank or online, using online banking (through use of European or international transfers).
Should any charges or fees be incurred for such transfers, these will be paid for by the hirer.
Do not forget to state clearly the property name and reference code on the transaction form so that Sardinia Sardinien knows which invoice/bill has been paid.
On arrival the hirer and the occupants will be asked to show their passports or identification documents
1. A security deposit is usually required by the lessor on arrival to cover accidental damage or breakage. The amount differs for each property and is detailed on the first page of the rental contract agreement.
2. The security deposit is payable on arrival before receiving the keys.
3. The deposit will then be refunded on departure after inspection.
4. Any excessive cleaning, loss or damage to the property caused by the hirer, family members or guests, or debts or charges incurred during the rental period will be itemized and charged to the hirer and deducted from the security deposit.
5. Should the security deposit not cover the cost of the damages, the remaining sum is to be paid in cash before departure.
1. Unless otherwise agreed in the rental contract, all accommodation is generally available from 16-19:00pm.
2. The lessor is to be informed of any earlier or later arrivals in order to make convenient arrangements.
3. On the departure day the rental property should be vacated by 10:00am unless otherwise arranged and stated in the rental contract agreement.
4. The keys are to be returned and the lessor notified before departure.
Adequate and appropriate travel insurance is essential for the hirer's protection.
If it becomes necessary for the hirer to cancel the reservation once it has been confirmed the following general cancellation charges will apply.
|Date of Cancellation
|More than 60 days notice:
||100% full confirmatory payment is due
|60-45 days notice:
||100% full confirmatory payment + 40% of balance amount
|45-30 days notice:
||100% full confirmatory payment + 50% of balance amount
|30-20 days notice:
||100% full confirmatory payment + 80% of balance amount
|Less than 20 days notice:
||100% full confirmatory payment + 90% of the balance amount is due
|Day of Arrival/No Show:
||100% full confirmatory payment + 100% full balance amount is due
To avoid a cancellation, the hirer has the right to provide a substitute tenant who will accept the full contract.
For any alterations or changes to a booking a fee of 100, -- € may be incurred. Cancellations charges will thus no longer apply.
In all other cases of alterations to the booking a fee of 30-50 € may be charged.
1. Sardinia Sardinien has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on its website at the time of publishing. Some information and details have been based on information received from third parties, tourist offices etc, thus some aspects may change and differ for which Sardinia Sardinien shall not be liable or held responsible.
2. Sardinia Sardinien and the lessor shall not be liable or otherwise accept responsibility if, as a result of circumstances beyond their control, they have to change the hirer's holiday or cancel his reservation. Such circumstances mean any event that Sardinia Sardinien and the lessor could not foresee or avoid, even after taking all reasonable care, e.g: war, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial disputes and strikes, bad weather and significant building work. In such a case where Sardinia Sardinien reserves the right to cancel the reservation all monies paid will be refunded.
3. In such a case where the property is no longer available Sardinia Sardinien or the lessor reserves the right and will make every effort to provide a similar property. Should a suitable accommodation not be offered or found, all monies paid will be refunded.
4. The transfer of these payments to a third party, including marital partner or family members, is excluded.
1. In case of a problem or a complaint regarding the property the hirer, as rental contract partner, must notify the lessor immediately.
2. If the problem has not been resolved or a remedy cannot be found, the hirer should contact the agency for assistance.
3. Notice of defects or claims regarding complaints after the rental period are excluded.
1. This Agreement is governed by German Law.
2. Jurisdiction is Munich.